The innovative Alpine SpaceStud system from ITW Industry has been specifically developed to meet the thermal requirements of the Building Regulations and the Code for Sustainable Homes.
The Code is the national standard for the sustainable design and construction of new homes. The Code aims to reduce our carbon emissions and create homes that are more sustainable.
The Code measures the sustainability of a new home against nine categories of sustainable design, rating the 'whole home' as a complete package. A one to six star rating system communicates the overall sustainability performance of a new home. The Code sets minimum standards for energy and water use at each level.
Scottish Building Standard 2010, section 6.1.2, have given target U-values for walls of 0.19 and a maximim wall u-value of 0.25.
Key features & benefits of the SpaceStud wall system
- One of the most cost effective wall stud systems on the market that complies with “The Code for Sustainable Homes” level 4 and above
- Labour savings with fast, simple installation of services without the need for drilling or notching
- Accommodates thicker insulation, reducing U-values and thermal bridging in walls
- 20% more resistant to racking than conventional 38 x 140mm timber frame panels which can reduce the requirement for sheathed internal walls and double sheathing of external walls
- Can be priced and detailed in our Alpine and hsbCAD software respectively
- An option in response to the UK Timber Frame Association’s “Fabric First” campaign
- Meets the NHBC’s recommendation for treated studs