Why automate the fastening process?
Migrating the fabrication process offsite and performing it under factory conditions is a response to the need to control and reduce costs, whilst also leading to quality improvements that enhance the marketability of the end product.
- Eurocode 5 requires tighter manufacturing controls for timber frame buildings which automation provides, and subsequently improves quality and consistency.
- Toolmatic can position fasteners precisely to achieve optimum design loads and cost efficiency.
- More accurate placement and embedment of fasteners improves the appearance of finish applications like exterior cladding and plasterboard sheathing.
- Similar benefits can be obtained in the manufacture of packing cases, furniture, sheds and fences.
Health & safety
- Automated manufacturing processes reduce the risk of industrial accidents, RSI and manual lifting injuries.
- The new 800 series Toolmatics with “Pusher” technology operates much more quietly providing an improved working environment.
- Automation reduces manning levels by replacing simple repetitive tasks with more satisfying machine control operations, reducing staff retention problems.
- Automation provides the opportunity to optimise production processes and factory routing.
- Automation improves productivity, measurable both per employee and per factory square metre.
- Links to software such as hsbCAD reduces setup time.